Manager - Regional Fiber Construction and Installation
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role:
Are you ready to be part of an energetic and growing team planning the expansion of crazy-fast internet service in multiple markets across the U.S.? This position resides in each local Ting town and manages all Operational and connect needs to include installations, drops, locates, service, maintenance, and repair for both residential and Enterprise/SMB customers. All in an effort to build out our fiber network to all serviceable addresses within the town you own.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the peer Managers to ensure a united approach to managing the local Ting town’s network and all its employees and contracted vendors.
- Liaising with the local City Manager to ensure the best possible partnership is developing with city officials and the town’s residents.
- Manage a team of local specialists to ensure service level agreements are met, our network is maintained and our customers are taken care of.
- Acting as the local specialists and single point of contact in all-fiber restoration efforts.
- Partner with Technical Training and Safety Manager to ensure your team is well trained and safe in all construction/installation efforts.
- Partnering with Project Manager of Fiber Construction to ensure assigned activities are completed on time, with quality, and within budget.
- Managing site pre-fielding and customer drop process, including 811 tickets and locates as we stage new underground or aerial drops to residential and business customers.
- Participate in local marketing events as needed.
- Host weekly meetings with direct reports and contractors to convey the latest company news, policies, and changes.
- All other duties assigned by the manager.
Who you are:
- 7+ years managing residential fiber deployment and front-line customer facing team members or equivalent
- Experience growing and scaling teams in a high growth environment
- Proven success in managing multiyear construction contracts
- Management of teams completing fiber drops and installation of in-home ISP service (highly desirable)
- Outside plant construction and maintenance experience require
- Proven vendor and materials management experience
- Excellent leadership skills required
- Strong entrepreneur spirit required
- Strong communication skills required
- Great customer service skills required
- Knowledge of last mile operations/delivery models.
- Order management tools
- Grace under pressure and advanced problem solving abilities
- Conflict resolution and de-escalation
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Managing to metrics.
- Strong hiring and talent retention.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.