Role and Responsibilities
The Development Director is responsible for the strategic development, implementation and evaluation of the philanthropy efforts of the organization. Grant writing and reporting is a key component of this position, as well as the supervision of the finance and development team.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board Committees to establish annual and longer-term fundraising goals.
- Research, write and submit grants with the support of the Executive Director and other staff.
- Actively identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and acknowledge individual gifts in support of both annual operations and special events and programs.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of fundraising events
- Oversee the maintenance of donor and contact database software.
- Ensure that donor information is comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date.
- Work with Development Committee Chair to assure active engagement and participation with Development Committee and Board Members in development efforts of the organization.
- Regularly track, analyze and report on development activities and progress to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other relevant committees.
EXPERIENCE AND PREFERRED SKILLS
- At least five years of experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization
- College degree or equivalent experience in the field of professional writing and strategy
- Leadership, management and supervisory experience
- Excellent writing for both quantitative and qualitative grants and appeals
- Donor stewardship and cultivation through relationship building
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen eye for detail and careful time management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and donor database software
- Experience in events coordination
Cultural Humility, Diversity and Inclusion statement
The Women’s Initiative is an equal opportunity employer and utilizes a cultural humility approach throughout its organizational practices, working to address the assumptions and biases that lead to health disparities and discrimination. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive, equitable, and healing environment for our clients, staff, and the community we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.