Compensation: Hourly rate of $11.00
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Faber, VA
About the Monroe Institute:
The Monroe Institute (MI) is a non-profit organization with a goal of achieving the global awakening of human consciousness. To achieve this goal, we offer self-taught online courses, fully guided week long online courses and weeklong residential courses in two facilities on our campus in Faber, Virginia, USA. In addition, we offer, over 100 off-campus programs throughout the U.S., Europe, Latin America and Asia. The Monroe Institute uses a sound technology called Monroe Sound Science that was founded on audio technologies created by Robert Monroe more than 40 years ago. The audio technology has evolved to include more than 50 different techniques to inspire unique experiences. MI also conducts research to prove the technology works and understand how it works. We are also in a significant growth phase as we launch the MI mobile application called 'Expand'.
The housekeeper and cook will work in the two residential training facilities on our campus in Faber, Virginia. The residential courses last for 6 days, and it will require working on the weekend. You will clean, sanitize, and maintain our guests' rooms and common areas. This position will also complete meal preparation, cooking and cleaning. We strive for excellent customer service, and it is important that you are courteous, respectful and trustworthy.
• Performs general cleaning and sanitizing tasks and services throughout assigned property
• Cleans and disinfects bathrooms.
• Cleans and disinfects kitchen and dining areas.
• Washes dishes, utensils, glasses, pots, and pans.
• Wipes and dusts surface in rooms and cleans mirrors
• Vacuums and cleans floors, rugs, furniture, and blinds.
• Removes linens, towels, bedspreads, and blankets.
• Places and neatly tucks clean sheets and blankets on beds and replaces pillowcases.
• Stocks towels, washcloths, and hand towels in rooms.
• Picks up and empties trash containers.
• Loads washers and dryers and folds sheets and towels in laundry room as needed.
• In commercial property, notifies maintenance if something is not working properly.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
• Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
• Cook food in various utensils or grillers.
• Check food while cooking to stir or turn.
• Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
• Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
• Check quality of ingredients
• Monitor stock and notify Hospitality Manager when there are shortages.
• Detail-oriented and thorough
• Ability to remain discreet and respect the privacy of residents, tenants, and/or guests.
• Sufficient ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English to complete work efficiently, effectively, and courteously.
• Proven experience as cook
• Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware.
• Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
• Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
• Ability to work in a team.
Education and Experience:
• Education sufficient to read, write, and speak as needed for the job.
• Prolonged periods standing and walking and frequently pulling, pushing, and bending
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds at times.