Retail Sales AssociateThe Inn at Little Washington
Retail Sales Associate
Job Location: 309 Middle Street - Washington, VA
Position Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Education Level: High School
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Retail
Description & Qualifications:
Our Tavern Shop is part of America's most award-winning inn and restaurant, The Inn at Little Washington. Nestled in a tiny Virginia town on the edge of Shenandoah National Park about 70 miles from the nation's capital, The Inn at Little Washington has long been the domain of Chef Patrick O'Connell and a destination in itself. The Inn at Little Washington is a culinary oasis akin to visiting a Michelin-starred restaurant in the European countryside.
We are looking for passionate role models who would like to be a part of our outstanding team. Position is part-time and weekend hours will be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet all guests as though you are welcoming them to your own home.
- Demonstrate the ability to promote sales while meeting expectations.
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills to all guests at all times.
- Demonstrate an energetic and enthusiastic persona.
- Provide 5 star/ 5 diamond service to all guests while displaying a positive attitude and a drive for excellence.
- Ensure that the displays and presentation areas are clean and well organized.
- Able to take constructive criticism to help improve faults.
- Consistently serve as an ambassador to The Inn at Little Washington in all interactions including with associates.
- The ideal candidate needs to feel comfortable wearing business professional attire at all times while presenting themselves in a refined and professional manner.
- Responsibilities include unpacking and inventorying incoming merchandise.
- Candidate will be standing and walking throughout the majority of the day.
- Paid Time Off
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% Employer Match
- Complimentary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Bereavement & Jury Duty Pay
- Daily complimentary meal in staff dining room
- Complimentary uniforms
- Complimentary Michelin 3-star dining experience at Inn & 50% off for one guest after 6 months of employment
- Complimentary night stay at Inn after 1 year of employment
- Relais & Chateaux room stay program after 1 year of employment
- 30-50% discount on all merchandise at the Tavern Shops
- Educational reimbursement program
- Must have open availability including weekends and holidays.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Able to stand, bend and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- For gentleman, must be clean-shaven.
- No visible tattoos.