TRANSPORTATION ELECTRIFICATION PRINCIPAL
TRANSPORTATION ELECTRIFICATION PRINCIPAL
Posting #: 24FB08282023
Posting Type: External
Department/Group: Clean Energy Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Our company is seeking a Principal, Transportation Electrification to lead efforts in the transition towards electrification of the transportation sector. The Principal, Transportation Electrification, will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and implementation of innovative transportation electrification solutions that meet the goals of the Cooperative.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the development of transportation electrification solutions, including electric vehicles, charging infrastructure, and related technologies.
Oversee and grow REC’s existing residential charging programs.
Further develop charging plans for residential, commercial, and fleet members.
Develop strategies public chargers and charging infrastructure to take advantage of commercial charging opportunities and drive economic development.
Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and pursue business development opportunities.
Provide technical guidance and leadership to project teams, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality standards.
Lead research and analysis of electric transportation member solutions including customer segmentation, technical feasibility, risk factors, business partners, regulatory strategy, and cost effectiveness.
Foster a culture of innovation and collaboration, ensuring that the company's transportation electrification efforts are aligned with its overall strategic goals.
Increase adoption of transportation electrification by advising active and potential site hosts on EVSE equipment and installation requirements.
Develop educational content for members on EV charging to include site readiness, EVSE hardware and software recommendations, rate design, federal grants, and others.
Develop, implement, and administer electric transportation programs, electric vehicle rates, education, and outreach for both residential and commercial members.
Create outreach strategy focused on increasing awareness of benefits of EVs conducting meetings with all stakeholders.
Create and conduct EV training for employees.
Represent REC on various regional and national board, coalitions, and associations.
Attend and present industry conferences and events. Policy:
Develop recommendations on policy and program design on electrification. These include but are not limited to electric transportation, beneficial electrification, and electrification of buildings and industrial equipment. Work closely with marketing, regulatory, member services, finance and accounting, communications and public relations, and key account departments to recruit members into REC’s electrification programs.
Monitor and track local, state and federal policies, incentives and forecasted purchases of electric transportation infrastructure and vehicles and other electrified equipment.
Provide project management and oversee vendor selection, manage vendor networks, and monitor vendors’ contract performance and compliance.
Provide budget development and cost tracking.
Maintain comprehensive reports of forecasts, key performance indicators and metrics.
Supervise employees, fellows, and interns.
Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, energy, public policy, or a similar field.
- Expertise in transportation electrification hardware and software technologies, experience in various electric vehicle technologies and electric charging infrastructure, thorough knowledge of federal and state policies, electric legislation and grants, and utility rate schedules.
- Experience in clean transportation and clean energy.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence and inspire others, model REC’s core values (Caring, Respect, Integrity, Service), and foster culture of accountability.
- Makes decisions with limited supervision. Demonstrates an ability to think critically, solve problems, improve processes, make recommendations, and create efficiencies.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills (including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Create positive working relationships with members, EVSE service providers, electric dealer networks, state agencies and electric utilities.
Office work primarily performed in Fredericksburg, VA office. Hybrid work flexibility allowed. Occasional local and out of state travel will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants: Use our https://www.myrec.coop/careers to apply for the opportunity. Please indicate the Job Posting ID # 24FB08282023
Deadline: Open Until Filled
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.