Software Test Specialist & Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Software Test Specialist to work on Autonomous Vehicle Planning and Control Software.
As an Autonomous Driving Planning and Control Test Engineer, you will work on state of the art autonomous vehicle technologies. You will be developing and maintaining testing and validation methods for autonomous driving software, and collaborate with software developers to ensure tests are implemented accurately and covering the vital elements. You should have strong analytical skills, good communication, and interpersonal capabilities to work in a team and make a joint effort towards a common goal. Prior knowledge about functional safety, path planning, vehicle control, vehicle ECU, Drive-by-Wire systems, and in-vehicle network and autonomous vehicles are highly valued.
What you'll be doing:
• Develop strategies and methodologies for validating software in the planning and control domain to ensure safety of the autonomous driving system
• Define policies and standards to ensure high quality of test software
• Develop metrics to evaluate the quality of the team's test software and alignment to the policies and standards
• Build comprehensive team testing goals and supervise progress on improving developed metrics
• Coordinate between developers in your team and functional safety specialists in other teams to ensure that test strategies satisfy product safety goals and that the teams metrics contribute to the overall safety case
• Design methods that can identify software failures and that can be scaled up for comprehensive automatic testing
• Most importantly, develop groundbreaking, meaningful technology, solve difficult problems, and help build a world-class autonomous system
What we need to see:
• BS or equivalent experience in electrical, mechanical, aerospace engineering, computer science or similar fields with 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Prior experience in validation and verification of safety-critical software products
• Expertise in verification methodologies for safety-critical software at all levels
• Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate within a large team and drive to a common understanding
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
• Familiarity or experience in the fields of automatic decision making, planning, or control. Especially familiarity with common algorithms and methodologies in these domains.
• Experience in software development with Java for real-time embedded systems, such as automotive vehicle ECU systems
• Hands-on experience in autonomous vehicle or Advanced Driver Assist System development such as lane keeping, adaptive cruise control, etc.
• Background in functional safety concept design, failure mode analysis (FMEA), including common frameworks and tools
• Experience in developing safety critical vehicle systems such as powertrain, steering, braking, etc.
• Understanding of deep learning and neural network concepts
• 2+ years engineering experience at automotive OEM or tier-1 supplier
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they are welcome and have the opportunity to contribute.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.