Embedded System Test Engineer
Embedded System Test Engineer
(Autonomous Driving/ Robotics)
Autonomy Driven by Perrone.
Perrone Robotics Inc. is a leading provider of fully autonomous vehicle systems. The Company has been a pioneer in the space of AV technology and developed the first autonomous shuttle with FULL AUTONOMOUS capabilities operating on a public road – for the public. We deliver mobility excellence through TONY® (short for "TO Navigate You"), a vehicle independent retrofit kit for use in the autonomous transit of people and goods. TONY embeds inside any vehicle for any job, to provide a complete "artificial driver" solution that brings full autonomy in a safety certifiable framework. Proven, piloted and in commercial production, our autonomous systems help commercial, municipal, and governmental customers increase transportation efficiencies, enhance safety, and accelerate zero-emission electric vehicle deployment. With over 37,000 automated miles of travel, 30 different vehicle types outfitted, and 200 plus years of development experience, our work is built around innovation, team collaboration, and a mission-driven environment focused on quality assurance and safety.
Revenue generating, high-growth and agile, the Company is positioned to evolve the autonomous vehicle industry to the next level. Join us as we transform the world through efficient, reliable autonomous vehicle systems designed to empower lives, enable mobility, and revolutionize the world of autonomous transportation.
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our fast-growing team. At Perrone Robotics you will have the opportunity to impact a company and industry while growing your career. You'll find the work is exciting, fun, and very meaningful.
As a System Hardware In The Loop (HIL) Test Engineer, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving.
The ideal candidate has proven experience testing complex embedded systems in a team environment focused on firmware behaviors.
* Plan, write, and execute autonomous tests on HIL benches, coordinating with multiple teams including vehicle engineering, firmware, and motion controls teams
* Develop and implement automated tests on complex embedded systems
* Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases, and results
* Troubleshoot and debug issues found during testing
* Perform test data analysis and trace failures to correct subsystems, and work with cross-functional development teams to identify the root causes and resolve them
* Understand the full robotic system and the complex interactions between subsystems
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
* HIL experience required
* B.S. or higher in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace or related field
* 3+ years of relevant work experience
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Proficiency with scripting and/or systems programming languages
* Experience with physics modeling of dynamic systems
* Authorization to work in the US is required
* Experience with Java testing frameworks
* Familiar with communication protocols and tools: Ethernet, CAN, LIN
* Familiar with dSPACE Simulink integration of dynamic systems
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they are welcome and have the opportunity to contribute.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
#autonomous driving #robotics #Taas #charlottesville #Virginia #hiring #JobSearch
#JobOpening #Resume #Job #Careers #Employment #HIL #Embedded Test Engineer #java