INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Information Systems Specialist (Full-Time/Non-Exempt)
Salary Range: $43,399 - $59,990 DOQ (Excellent Benefit Package Included)
Closing Date: Until Filled by Qualified Applicant
Beginning Date: As Soon as Possible
Nelson County is seeking a qualified candidate to join the Information Systems Department as a full-time Information Systems Specialist focusing on Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The IS Specialist assists with data collection, entry, and mapping activities in order to maintain accurate GIS data for the County, performs specialized technical work in preparation and maintenance of maps and related tasks within the County’s Geographic Information System (GIS) and works to advance GIS solutions to meet department needs. The IS Specialist also assists with IT network, telecommunications and user support as well as the management of department projects and cybersecurity policies. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintains and updates a wide variety of GIS layers in support of County operations including E-911;
- Performs GIS analysis and prepares maps as required using GIS mapping software and related tools;
- Provides GPS and field support, which may include troubleshooting and resolving problems;
- Provides IT network, telecommunications, and user support;
- Assists in preparing and managing department objectives, projects and technology policies, procedures, standards and guidelines;
- Participates in professional development opportunities to keep abreast of the latest IT and GIS technologies and industry developments;
The successful candidate will have strong computer skills and working knowledge of various software (i.e., Microsoft Office, databases, GIS, AutoCAD); the ability to report information in a clear and concise format, and the ability to be organized and efficient. Candidates with a four-year college degree in a related field preferred.
Interested persons are to submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume with three references to Nelson County Department of Human Resources. For a Nelson County employment application, please visit: Nelson County Job Application.
Applications may also be faxed to (434) 263-7134 or sent by email to Judy Seraphin at email@example.com. EOE.