Assistant Building Code Official
Position: Assistant Building Code Official
Salary Range: $51,895 - $64,869 (DOQ) + Excellent Benefit Package
Closing Date: Until filled by qualified applicant
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Assists in administering and enforcing the local ordinance for Erosion and Sediment control.
- Reviews and approves permit applications and submitted plans in accordance with requirements of the USBC.
- Interprets and communicates USBC and VADR to affected clients.
- Conducts site inspections of structures and issues corrective orders in accordance with USBC and VADR.
- Performs related work as assigned.
At least 5 years of building experience as a licensed professional engineer or architect, building, fire or trade inspector, contractor, housing inspector or superintendent of building fire or trade construction with at least 3 years in responsible charge of work are required. Any combination of education and experience that would confer equivalent knowledge and ability shall be deemed to satisfy this requirement. The successful candidate shall have general knowledge of sound engineering practice in respect to the design and construction of structures, the basic principles of fire prevention, the accepted requirements for means of egress and the installation of elevators and other service equipment necessary for the health, safety and general welfare of the occupants and the public.
- State Certification as a Combination Inspector and/or Residential trades preferred
- Shall attain certification as a Certified Building Code Official within 18 months of hire
- Shall attain certification as an Erosion and Sediment Control Plans Examiner within 18 months of hire
A valid unrestricted Virginia driver’s license is required. Excellent benefit package offered including health insurance, retirement, life insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Interested persons must submit a completed Nelson County employment application and resume with three (3) references to Nelson County Finance & Human Resources, P.O. Box 336, Lovingston, VA 22949. Applications and resumes may also be sent by fax to Judy Seraphin at (434)263-7134, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE. For a County employment application, please visit: http://www.nelsoncounty-va.gov/departments/human-resources/employment-opportunities/.