Come join the MicroAire Team!
We are seeking a Repair Technician who is an experience electro-mechanical assembler and enjoys trouble shooting and problems solving.
Would you enjoy working in a company that makes medical devices that improve patient outcomes?
Do you have electromechanical assembly experience?
Are you a strong team player and enjoy working individually and within a group to provide excellent customer service?
If yes, this could be a great position for you.
The Repair Technician performs light mechanical and electrical assembly work of moderate to high complexity that covers 100% of MicroAire’s instrument product line. Builds and tests both assembly of new product and instrument repairs as required by specific procedures and drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs assembly and repair of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic troubleshooting, and repair of Surgical Equipment.
- Provide troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of MicroAire Surgical Equipment.
- Documents all repair and maintenance activity/repairs per applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Adjusts, aligns, and fits a variety of component parts to close tolerances.
- Interprets detailed blueprints, assembly drawings, verbal and written instructions and other documents of similar complexity.
- Decides on fittings and adjustments of parts in assembly and repair within established guidelines.
- Tests the products within documented guidelines to insure performance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment required. Product repair experience preferred. Soldering experience preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience or training in reading blueprints is preferred.
Understands good manufacturing principles (GMP)
ABOUT MICROAIRE SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS:
MicroAire is a leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of powered surgical instruments, Customer Centric and driven for success, MicroAire is a team dedicated to enhancing quality of life: for surgery for life.
MicroAire is located in beautiful Charlottesville, VA. Home of the University of Virginia and two large hospitals, Charlottesville is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America. We offer an excellent benefits package and compensation commensurate with experience. For more information www.microaire.com (EOE).