Cost Accountant, Senior
MicroAire Surgical Instruments, LLC. is a fast-growing medical device company seeking a Senior Cost Accountant that is interested in taking their abilities to the next level. MicroAire is one of four companies within Colson Medical, LLC., the medical group of Marmon Holdings, Inc., under Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., a Fortune 100 company. MicroAire is able to both provide a small company experience that will allow you to see your personal impact on the organization while having the financial security of the company Forbes magazine ranks as the largest in the world (Forbes, May 12, 2022).
The senior cost accountant will be the company’s inventory and plant financial operations expert for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This role is responsible for all aspects of plant cost accounting activities and initiatives, including developing, analyzing, and improving standard costing assumptions.
- Month-End: Performs accounting, analyses and reports related to Standard Cost Manufacturing Cost Variances and Inventory (reconciliation, roll forward, obsolescence, DOH and other metric analyses). Generates all Cost Accounting journal entries and allocations.
- Internal controls: Observes monthly cycle count process and reporting of findings, performs other internal control functions, including supporting internal audits.
- New Item Costing: Collaborates with Sales, Marketing, R&D and Operations to cost new items.
- Quarterly inventory reserve testing: Performs quarterly Excess and obsolete review, warranty reserve and Lower than Market cost review.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Sets up next year’s standards, establish annual labor and overhead rates and cost changes.
- Primary financial partner to the VP of Operations: Collaborates with the VP of Operations and serves as the Operation function’s primary liaison to the finance/accounting organization.
- Solve problems, understands what’s going on, make things happen: Participates in the transition to a new ERP system, including problem solving and implementation of solutions for success.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing facility required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Specific knowledge of cost accounting and broad knowledge of accounting procedures, systems, and principles required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Self-motivated individual with an eagerness to improve themselves and the processes around them.