MicroAire Surgical Instruments, LLC. is a fast-growing medical device company seeking a Senior Buyer/Planner to develop and deploy supply chain strategies optimizing, quality, cost and delivery within a medical device manufacturing environment. MicroAire is one of four companies within Colson Medical, LLC., the medical group of Marmon Holdings, Inc., under Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., a Fortune 100 company.
The Senior Buyer/Planner is responsible for developing and deploying supply chain strategies aimed at optimizing quality, cost, and delivery results company wide. The ideal candidate is a natural leader who gets results through analysis, and execution of sourcing / order fulfillment activities within a collaborative team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a senior member of the team, leads the effort to evaluate the supply chain and partner with suppliers for optimal results.
- Develops, manages, and assesses internal supply needs, participating in cross- or multi-functional teams to recommend and implement changes to improve purchasing practices, and information distribution.
- Proactively seeks out training and development opportunities in supply chain, including mentoring other Buyer/Planners.
- Monitors organizational performance continuously and facilitates efforts to improve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results.
- Comfortable working within a regulated environment and adheres to all company policies, Legal practices, CGMP, FDA and ISO requirements.
- Participates in New Product Development (NPD) Teams as the supply chain expert, partnering to identify sourcing partners for materials needs.
- Develops and executes overall purchasing plans to successfully meet/exceed the organization’s goals for quality, service, inventory, and cost. Utilizes Lean Manufacturing tools such as monitoring and analyzing both Kanban and MRP signals.
- Monitors supplier quality and delivery performance. Proactively partners with suppliers for performance improvements.
- Maintains materials planning data in ERP system and adjusts parameters to achieve desired results.
- Interfaces with New Product Development teams and provides guidance and feedback on issues impacting Supply Chain design and operational results.
- Procures services and supplies for non-production company needs.
- Professionally and ethically conducts negotiations with current and/or potential suppliers to obtain maximum value.
- Establishes mid-to-long-range contracts with key suppliers geared toward outlining operating agreements, mitigating risks, and optimizing costs and inventory.
- Locates, qualifies, and manages suppliers to ensure continuous supply of materials to meet production / product development requirements.
- Performs “make vs buy” analyses and executes efforts to implement approved action plans.
- Pursues cost improvement opportunities to achieve best value for the company while ensuring adherence to product specifications.
- Evaluates all aspects of the supply chain and uses A3 problem-solving methodologies to develop solutions that deliver desired results relative to quality, cost and delivery.
- Develops and implements projects and programs to standardize efforts; improve processes; and reduce, avoid, or contain costs.
- Performs other duties and activities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree in appropriate field or equivalent work experience required. Certified Project Management certification preferred. Seven (7) years of supply chain experience with progressive supervisory responsibility required.
10% - 15% Travel