Accounts Payable Administrator
Come join MicroAire! Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
The Accounts Payable Administrator performs and coordinates accounts payable activities utilizing sound judgment in the application of calculations, verifications, and posting procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs matching, auditing, and data entry of invoices in compliance with internal procedures and approvals.
- Requires follow-up and communication with suppliers, buyers, receiving clerks and quality control personnel to ensure timely payment.
- Reviews and processes invoices to ensure monetary benefits are available from discounts.
- Audits expense reports and issues reimbursement.
- Enters information into Dataflo which is provided on Aggregate Spend Reports to maintain information to support both federal and state reporting for Sunshine Act.
- Codes and issues approval requests for intangible invoices. (lease agreements, consulting agreements, etc)
- Assembles, analyzes, and audits various accounts to verify payment and resolve discrepancies.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and ensure control of accounts payable process and supporting activities.
- Compiles reports as required by management, corporate or government regulations related to the accounts payable activity.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with notification to management of problems/ discrepancies.
- Performs month-end closing activities and associated journal entries.
- Maintains accounts payable files and records in accordance with general account practices.
- Maintains vendor records, W-9 records and issues 1099’s annually.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of related experience required.
- Experience in PC spreadsheets and report preparation required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Must possess a broad knowledge of accounting procedures, systems, and principles