Martha Jefferson House
Now hiring Full Time LPNs! $1500 sign-on bonus!
12 Hour Day Shift + Night Shift Positions
Newly Certified LPNs Welcome
Weekend position also available!
Under direct supervisor of the Director of Nursing (DON) performs clinical duties related to nursing care. Promotes the welfare and dignity of all residents and acts as an advocate in the delivery of care; promotes the mission and values of Martha Jefferson House both internally and within the community, complies with the Code of Conduct and supports the Corporate Compliance Program.
1. Administers care, treatment and medication to residents
2. Obtains report from the previous shift and gives report to the on-coming shift.
3. Makes out daily staff assignments, to include, resident care, specific instructions, breaks, mealtime, environmental assignments (clean tub room, clean dining room, etc.)
4. Frequently makes rounds to ensure resident care, treatment and condition
5. Call physician with follow-up updates and needs
6. Update MARs, ADL's and treatments on a daily basis, or as needed
7. Records and implements physician orders and monitors resident's medical condition
8. Assigns CNA to weigh resident on a daily/weekly/monthly basis as ordered and review weights with follow-up as needed
9. Responsible for communicating changes of condition of resident to family member/POA, DON, Administrator (as needed) and physician in a timely manner
10. Responsible for overseeing the completion of incident reports, notification of family/POA, MD, DO and Administrator (as needed)
11. Ensures that documentation, monthly and quarterly assessments, progress reports, summaries, assessments are complete and done correctly
12. Assists in the training and supervision of new employees
13. Operates medical equipment, emergency equipment and checks treatment cart for supplies
14. Helps with resident feeding as needed
15. Completes the 24-hour shift report
16. Notifies the DON on an on-going basis of changes, family concerns, interdepartmental concerns, staff concerns, any deviation from normal activity of resident function, environment or staff
17. Performs supervisory duties as required
18. Other duties as assigned
19. Carries out facility's disaster preparedness plan in cooperation with on-duty security guard
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
Education: Core curriculum for diploma/degree from an accredited school of nursing; current unrestricted nurses license in the Commonwealth of Virginia; a minimum of one (1) year clinical experience preferred; or equivalent combination of license and experience.
Job Knowledge: Knowledge and skill of meeting the special needs of our elderly and disabled population; maintaining and applying sterile techniques; medical terminology; the principles and practices of nursing; and record keeping. May be required to participate in flexible staffing based on patient care needs. Must maintain regular attendance and meet all local health regulations including a criminal background investigation and reference inquiry. Maintain skills and increase knowledge by taking advantage of in-service opportunities. One to three years of management nursing experience, preferably in a long-term care facility. Ability to manage, train, educate, and supervise.
MJH is requiring and offering COVID vaccinations