Social Media and Marketing Manager #S2367
Social Media and Marketing Manager
The Social Media and Marketing Manager in Residence Life supports the mission of the department by serving as the main coordinator for our marketing, graphic design and social media efforts. This person will help us to be an active participant in a wide variety of marketing formats and participating in various social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc., and should be well connected to the broader social media world that our students are active in. This person also designs all graphics for the department to be used in print and digital formats.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates a comprehensive marketing strategy for the Office of Residence Life. This will include using marketing techniques to increase upper class students to sign housing contracts as well as visibility, membership and traffic across all Residence Life brands.
• Creates all marketing materials for the Office of Residence Life.
• Maintains a comprehensive social media strategy for the Office of Residence Life. This will include using social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all Residence Life brands.
• Implements and manages all social media programs for Residence Life.
This includes Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Manages and updates Residence Life website on a weekly basis.
• Supervises a team of students to assist with creation of marketing.
• Manages marketing budget.
• Experience with graphic design and marketing.
• Knowledge of Residence Life mission statement as well as office practices and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal, customer service skills.
• Experience with participation in a variety of social media activities.
• Understanding of marketing strategies and how social media can be used to market.
• Knowledge of Adobe design suite, google analytics, cascade and other web page management programs.
• Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
• Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred
Pay Range: $41,140 - $48,000.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.