Prospect Development Analyst #S2353
Prospect Development Analyst
The objective of Prospect Development Analyst position is informing and maintaining a healthy prospect pipeline by identifying gift potential, advising on strategy of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors. using various research, statistical modeling and using various research, statistical modeling and visualization techniques, as well as, judgement, strategy and decision making to achieve University goals and expectations.
Prospect Development Analyst identifies and evaluates philanthropic giving capacity, affinity and propensity of major gift potential prospects. They support the development, use and improvement of statistical, predictive, stochastic and visualization models to improve prospect identification and maintain a healthy major gift pipeline. The Development Analyst enters, updates and maintains relevant data manually. They also prepare data set for University Advancement database.
The Prospect Development Analyst is responsible for communicating research findings and results of newly identified prospects to the University Advancement team both electronically and in person meetings with the outcomes tracked and maintained. Professional development concentrates on learning, developing, and applying analytics skills to assist in the creation of business models to help meet University strategic and financial goals.
• Have a strong knowledge of fundraising methods including database marketing, major donor prospect identification and skills to evaluate wealth capacity, donor propensity and affinity.
• Be familiar with prospect management terminology and nomenclature and have some understanding of statistical techniques, predictive and stochastic modeling and knowledge discovery techniques.
• Have some understanding of database management and some familiarity analyzing financial and business documents and filings.
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communications skills
• proficient data entry, spreadsheet and database knowledge,
• APRA Body of Knowledge level I skills sets in data analytics and prospect research
• Knowledge of business intelligence processes, statistical and data visualization packages such as R, Python, SPSS, COGNOS, Tableau or Salesforce Analytics Cloud
Pay Range: $42,000 - $48,872.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.