Photographer/Videographer and Social Media Specialist (Part-Time)
The College of Business (CoB) at James Madison University (JMU) is accepting
applications for a part-time Photographer/videographer and Social Media
Specialist. The Photographer/Videographer and Social Media Specialist will work with the Director of Marketing and Communications in visually supporting the College of Business needs. Expectation is for up to 29 hours of work per week.
The individual will understand the art of story-telling through visual means and will be able to engage the audience through social media efforts. Focus will be on strategy, creation, posting, monitoring of content, and analyzing effectiveness. Nontraditional hours depending on social media activity or events and subjects that require photography may occasionally be required.
• Coordinate, produce and deliver photo/video content for social, digital boards,
web and collateral consistent with the JMU brand and the CoB OMC goals
• Maintain and update the CoB digital asset archive
• Manage CoB camera, lighting, and video equipment
• Complete post-production and editing of images/video in timely manner
• Work collaboratively with creative media personnel at university marketing
• Manage YouTube channel to optimize following
• Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research,
platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
• Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images or video)
on social media that builds meaningful connections and encourages
community members to take action
• Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for
• Utilize editorial calendars and scheduling and listening platforms such as
• Collaborate and coordinate efforts with other CoB and JMU social media
• Define most important social media KPI's for each platform
• Implement social media campaigns and measure results
• Build relations with partners, program staff and student org leaders to build
• Demonstrated proficiency in digital video, including pre-production, planning,
lighting, audio, postproduction and editing
• Experience with Premiere Pro, Lightroom and other Adobe Creative Suite
• Proven photography skills and knowledge of cameras and lighting equipment
• Demonstrated professional social networking experience and social analytics
• Portfolio required (digital version preferred)
• Bachelor's degree in Media or Marketing related field preferred
Review of applications will begin 7/20/2021. This is a part-time wage position working an average of 29 hours per week over the course of a calendar year with no benefits. The work schedule is flexible. Hourly pay: $18-$20, per hour depending on experience.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.