Graphic Designer #S2458
Part-Time Graphic Designer -
College of Business Marketing & Communications
The College of Business (CoB) at James Madison University (JMU) is accepting applications for a part-time graphic designer. This position supports the JMU visual identity for the college through the creation and design of digital assets to be used in social media, video boards, and website management as well as the design of print collateral for programs, recruitment, and promotional pieces. Working with the Director of Marketing and Communications and other team members, the graphic designer should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into designs that inspire and attract the target audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support JMU brand identity by staying current on creative direction and by working collaboratively with design and web team members at the university
• Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with CoB team members or clients for a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communication, newsletters, and marketing materials.
• Utilize Adobe Suite to create and design various marketing materials for print and digital media
• Maintain internal databases of designs and project assets
• Stay up-to-date with JMU web and email template developments
• Publish, edit, and proofread web content
• Optimize content and imagery according to accessibility best practices and SEO guidelines
• Work independently and cooperatively with the marketing team on multiple projects through the use of a project management system
• Work collaboratively with other individuals across campus that manage CoB web content (Career and Academic Planning, Office of Global Engagement, University Marketing, The Graduate School, etc.) to ensure accuracy and timely updates
• Exhibit organization, time management, and clear communications
• Other duties as assigned
• A strong portfolio of design work demonstrating knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, and print. (Digital version accepted)
• Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
• Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) recommended
• Basic knowledge of HTML recommended
• Bachelor's degree in graphic arts or related field preferred
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.