Fiscal & Administrative Manager #S2183
Fiscal and Administrative Manager
The Orientation Office at James Madison University is seeking a full-time Fiscal and Administrative Manager to support the Orientation Office by overseeing all fiscal operations, providing administrative support, and supporting components of the Orientation program. This position is a key agent to ensure fiscal accountability and oversight in managing the Orientation Office.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure departmental budgets are planned, developed, reconciled and reported to the Orientation staff in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Ensure fiscal compliance with departmental, institutional, and state rules and regulations and respond accurately and promptly to inquiries and audits from JMU financial personnel.
- Organize and maintain department files and records (both paper and electronically), according to JMU policies and procedures.
- Oversee departmental administrative and clerical support including purchasing, receiving, travel, office equipment, supplies, computer purchase, computer operations, and all hiring paperwork (professional, graduate, and student staff).
- Manage the logistics and details for the Orientation department, including emergency evacuation plans, signature requests, staff retreats, office oversight, and more.
- Manage the logistics for work orders, refreshments and plants during Orientation programs.
- Oversee the family check-in area during Summer Springboard and Spring Orientation.
- Attend divisional and university fiscal meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and application of budgeting systems, procedures, and forms.
- Excellent customer service skills that demonstrate respect for others, support for departmental and organizational goals and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Initiative to prioritize and problem solve the completion of multiple of tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to function independently, while also collaborating in a dynamic team environment.
- A bachelor's degree or extensive formal training and professional experience in an administrative and fiscal role
Pay Range: $38,000-$42,000.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.