Assistant Technology Coordinator #S2317
Assistant Technology Coordinator
The College of Business seeks an assistant technology coordinator to assist the college's technology director in managing resources in support of instruction,
research, and operations to include AACSB Programs, COB Centers, School of Strategic Leadership Studies and the School of Hospitality, Sport and Recreation Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage faculty and staff computer needs including purchases of new technology and surplus of old computers, etc.
• Perform regular maintenance updates for workstations.
• Assist faculty with software and classroom technology needs.
• Maintain database of computer hardware for equipment audits.
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and setup and ability to resolve technology issues.
• Working knowledge of Windows 10 OS, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, including troubleshooting such systems.
• Proficiency with MS Office application suite.
• Ability to listen to relevant technology concerns and professionally provide support.
• Clear communication and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Review of applications begins 9/3/2021. Starting salary range: $40,000 - $42,000.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.