Part or full-time opportunity for experience IV nurse for growing infusion clinic. Ideal day shift schedule. 3 – 4 days per week. No weekends
- Group Health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, gap
- 401(k) with employer match and profit-sharing
- Additional cash balance retirement plan
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
All Benefits are available for full time including fully paid group health for employee. Some benefits available for part time.
1) Coordinate the daily nursing operation which may include but is not limited to;
a) Maintenance and cleaning of the patient treatment areas in accordance with Intravene policy.
b) Receiving new patients into the Intravene Program
c) All aspects of patient care as dictated by physician orders
d) Scheduling of all appointments and follow care for all patients
2) Manage the nursing care and participate in the clinical monitoring of patients on a daily basis in accordance with regulatory agency standards and Intravene Policy.
a) Be proficient with procedures for the care and use of Heparin Locks, Midlines, PICC lines, Subclavian lines, Hickman catheters, Groshong catheters, Hohn catheters, and port-a-caths.
b) Be proficient in the knowledge of infusion rates and other infusion related information.
c) Be proficient with the use of infusion pumps in order to use, teach and trouble shoot.
d) Be able to teach self-infusion to patients on all levels of understanding
3) Keep physicians informed of pertinent patient data out of the norm.
4) Be familiar with OSHA & HIPPA requirements and adhere to protocol.
5) Ensure information flow between pharmacy, physicians, nursing, and reimbursement so that each department is aware of pertinent data.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.