Pool and Spa Technician
Charlottesville Aquatics is an award-winning swimming pool builder and spa retailer committed to providing exceptional service to our clients. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dedicated Retail Associate to join our team. If you are passionate about customer service and are eager to contribute to the success of a growing company, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining, repairing, and replacing pool and hot tub equipment. Servicing, cleaning, and maintenance of residential swimming pools. Opening, closing, and winterization of swimming pools and hot tubs. Assisting with delivery of hot tubs and construction of new pools.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Pool and spa chemistry
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Basic plumbing as applied to swimming pools
- Understanding of pool circulation and filtration
- Pool and spa automation
- Pool and spa heating
- Maintenance and servicing of pools and spas
- Accurate testing and dosing of chemicals
- Testing electrical equipment and circuits
- Testing of gas pressures
Necessary abilities include:
- Accurate record keeping
- Customer service, time management, and appointment keeping skills
- Lift and carry 50 lbs. for extended periods
- Work 8-12 hours per day as needed
All applicants must have:
- A valid Virginia driver’s license
- Necessary tools to perform duties
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to work long hours in various kinds of weather during peak season
- Effective communications skills including the willingness to use translation software as necessary. English does not have to be the candidate’s first language.
Experience in the pool and spa industry is preferred; candidates with backgrounds in the mechanical trades may be considered.
What We Offer
- Health, vision, and dental insurance and a 401k plan.
- Vacation and paid holidays.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment in which your contributions are valued.
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement within the company.
- Access to industry training and resources to enhance your expertise.
- Employee discounts on our wide range of spa and billiards products.
- The chance to be part of a successful team dedicated to providing exceptional customer experiences.
- Full time compensation: $20/hour.