Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
Do you want to utilize your proven fundraising experience for a cause that makes a real difference in people's lives? Use your analytical skills, persuasive writing talent, and attention to detail to inspire funders to improve the lives of food-insecure neighbors. The Grants Manager will manage and grow the Food Bank's well-developed and successful grants program to generate funds for nutrition programs and operations.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is a respected, regional nonprofit providing nourishing food and hope to neighbors. Founded in 1981, the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank serves 25 counties and eight cities in central and western Virginia, from Loudoun and Winchester in the north to the Lexington and Lynchburg areas in the south. We provide food to more than 115,000 visitors each month through a partner network of more than 200 food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters as well as through nutrition programs for children, seniors, and rural neighbors. Total revenues of approximately $50 million and an operating budget of $11 million support the work of 60 employees in four locations, including our headquarters and main distribution center in Verona.
Key responsibilities of the Grants Manager position include:
• Grant seeking, writing, reporting and detailed management of deadlines
• Building relationships with funders
• Strategic identification and cultivation of new prospects
• Collaboration with Finance and Program colleagues to match resources with initiatives
Required job qualifications:
We seek a talented writer to join a dynamic and rewarding team environment. Other requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of relevant training and/or experience required in grant-writing and/or grants management.
• Minimum 2-3 years of relevant grant-writing and/or grants management experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to perform research and read budgets and IRS 990s, analyze information, and interpret complex regulations and guidelines from all types of funders.
• Ability to independently manage multiple deadlines and priorities, identify opportunities, think strategically, and effectively communicate our mission and the experiences of our clients.
• Extensive computer experience and comfort using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in using a relational database/CRM.
• Self-starter who works well autonomously/independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, donors, and organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to compose reports and organize information into compelling presentations.
• Knowledge of basic evaluation methods and tools.
The Grants Manager role is full-time with competitive salary and benefits, and may have the option to be based in either Charlottesville or Verona location. The position may require occasional evening and weekend work. Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
The Food Bank is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspective and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.