Branch Warehouse Assistant - Charlottesville
Do you have a passion for providing outstanding customer service? Are you looking to advance your career while supporting the work of dynamic nonprofit? Then come use your outstanding customer service, organization and computer software skills and your dedication to helping others and making a difference in the community by supporting the work of the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank.
The Branch Warehouse Assistant provides administrative and office support to the warehouse operations team by serving as the main point of contact for member agencies in the ordering and pick-up of products for service to guests. This position provides customer service, performs data entry, tracks, and generates a wide variety of reports and documentation for completion of orders, inventory, and audit control. The Branch Assistant also provides administrative support for Partner Engagement and Program activities.
The key responsibilities of the Branch Assistant include:
- Manages the appointment calendar, inputs data to create agency orders and processes data in inventory system for product delivery and pick-up, and invoices orders to member agencies. Handles processing of product donations coming into the branch.
- Performs data entry by accurate coding, classifying information and data in database system.
- Completes, generates, and distributes a variety of reports using Ceres database; communicates with and assists operations personnel with pick-up, delivery, and other activities.
- Inputs guest services data into database systems and collects monthly USDA reports.
- Answers the phone for the Charlottesville branch, welcomes and assists visitors, guests, and volunteers with assignments, or completing paperwork/documentation appropriate for visitor needs.
- Supports the work of the department by providing administrative support to partners and program activities.
- Two years’ experience in an office environment, preferably in a non-profit organization, providing compassionate customer service to a diverse range of groups and individuals.
- Strong computer and data entry skills including database and inventory management systems; knowledge of and familiarity with Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Ability to maintain accurate records for management and audit purposes.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well develop rapport with people at all levels and a solid commitment to teamwork.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, and to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to perform physical work to assist guests, visitors, or volunteers, as needed.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Commitment to the mission of the Food Bank.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required.
The Branch Assistant is a full-time position, reporting to the Branch Operations Manager, and offers an effective and healthy work culture, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
The role is based at our Charlottesville, VA location. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume, or cover letter and application, to email@example.com, or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The positions will be open until filled.
To obtain an employment application or to learn more about the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank please visit our website at www.brafb.org.
The Food Bank is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspective and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best talent on our team.